It is a well known fact in our family that I am neither a great cook or baker! My skills are the butt of every family joke especially my dads as he saw fit to mention it in the wedding speech. So I decided yesterday I've had enough and I'm going to brush up on those non existent skills.
Back in January I came across this delicious looking Toblerone Tray Bake on Like Mam Used to Bake and I've finally got round to doing it! Check out how I got on with the process...........
|Of course I forgot to put the Brown Sugar in this pic!|
1. Melt the butter and chocolate over a pot of simmering water.
2. Let the chocolate mixture cool. Add the sugar to a large mixing bowl followed by the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together with an electric mixer on a low-speed for around three minutes until smooth and creamy and slightly paler in colour
3. Add the chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture and gently fold through.
4. Sieve the ground almonds and the cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture to ensure that you do not end up with powdery lumps in the baked cake. Gently fold this through before pouring into the prepared tin.
5. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool before cutting into squares
Overall I really thought this was an easy follow through guide by "Like Mam Used to Bake" and I was delighted with how they turned out! The only thing that I realised was that I really need to update some of my equipment! Hubby also gave his seal of approval on these which I was really surprised about too and I have to add that Lillibug even helped out in the kitchen!