A big big thank you to Aoife from A Little Infinity who tagged me in The Liebster Award Tag, I got very excited and can't believe anyone would ask me to do it, so once again THANK YOU!
The basic premise is that a relatively unknown blogger is nominated by another new-ish blogger (defined as one with less than 200 followers), and they answer 11 questions before tagging 11 other bloggers to answer 11 different questions. Complicated or what!?! Also I found out that Liebster is German for "beloved"
1. Why did you start blogging?
I gave up work to be a stay at home mum but quickly noticed my brain was going to mush and needed something to keep my brain in gear. My husband for a full year kept going on about how I should blog about being a mammy to our little one and our experience plus I love make-up, fashion and going on my laptop. So I finally gave in and so happy that I have.
2. Where did your blog name come from?
It's a mix of my daughters name, my husbands birthplace and my favorite flower it just typed its way onto the computer, It was suggested at some stage to add "The Irish Mammy Blog" part but still not 100% confident on that one.
3. What’s your favourite beauty brand?
I find this one tough as I like a little of everything, but the one brand I have a lot of is Benefit and I always seem to find something when i visit the counter.
4. What’s your current/summer scent?
Easy! Marc Jacobs Daisy, it's the perfume I wore for my wedding day! I was always very picky about my perfumes I can find them irritating and overpowering, then when I got pregnant it got a whole lot worse. So the only one I can wear is Marc Jacobs Daisy.
5. How do you treat yourself after a bad day?
I'm a mammy to a very active 18 month old so the only thing I want to do after a bad day is make my baby girl laugh and smile, but seriously after a bad day I love nothing more than a long soak in the bath.
6. Who’s your all time favourite blogger?
I can't answer! I have too many to list but there were 4 I followed before I started my own blog, these were the ones I got tips from or inspiration, they are Small Screen Savers for all my movie needs (have to say that he's my hubby sshhhh), Make Up Monster, Behind Green Eyes and finally Girl Fridays Beauty Blog. I still read them nearly everyday to see what's new but I also get excited discovering new ones everyday and adding them to my list.
7. Have you ever/would you ever make the leap to YouTube/vlogging?
I can categorically say NO. I don't have the confidence for that at all I love taking pics or making family videos but not to be in them.
8. Favourite thing about the city/town you live in?
I love the heritage of my town and the community spirit, there is plenty to discover and always find something new and wonderful about it.
9. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Bullying! It's the most horrendous thing anyone whether a child or an adult has to go through. It comes in many forms and can have serious repercussions for those that go through it.
10. Favourite and least favourite thing about blogging?
Favourite thing is feeling like I am part of a community and love chatting to new people and reading their blogs I find the whole thing very exciting and I feel involved.
The least favourite thing is trying to come up with topics that everyone would be interested in and not boring everyone to death ha ha
11. Favourite dessert?
Oh dear I don't have a favourite, because I love them all. Just put it in front of me and it will be gone in 2 seconds flat! Except anything with mousse.
I hope this helped you all get to know me better and I also hope I didn't bore you all. So on with the show where I tag 11 new people.
1. Elizabeth of Beauty Fang
2. Becky of Lipgloss and Lashes
3. Aoife of aoifeinwonderland
4. BloggingBoutBabies of Blogging Bout Babies
5. Abbi of Simply Abbi
6. Tea Party Beauty of Tea Party Beauty
7. Glamour & Go of Glamour & Go
8. Sharon of Behind Green Eyes
9. Donna of Lip Gloss and Slippers
10.Tanyia of Tanyia Talks
11. Claire of DesperateBlogwife
And the questions if you except are as follows:
1. What was your reason for starting a blog?
2. Do your family and friends know about your blog?
3. What is your favourite film and why?
4. Apart from your own, which blogs do you visit everyday?
5. What is the toughest part of blogging for you?
6. Do you prefer the cinema or watching movies at home?
7. What is your favourite beauty brand?
8. How did you feel getting tagged in the Liebster Award?
9. How many hours a week do you spend on your blog?
10. What is your favourite aspect of blogging?
11. Have you any phobias?